《著迷英语900句》

下载本书

添加书签

著迷英语900句- 第11节


按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
nobody smiles。 我在这里做什么? 这家公司是怎么搞的? 所有的人都那么沉默; 没有人说话;
没有人微笑。
AA: Oh well; yesterday was only the first day; and things can change。 In any case; it won’t last
forever。 不要想了; 昨天只是第一天; 情况总可以改变。 无论如何; 这是暂时性的。
AA: All right。 It’s 8:30。 Where is everybody? 好了; 八点半了; 人都到哪里去了?
AA: You’re early; Claire。 Relax。 Look around。 I wonder where the newsletter file is。 克蕾尔; 你来
早了; 不要紧张; 熟悉环境,我不知道那个期刊档案在哪里?
CLAIRE: Good morning; Mr。 Crawford。 您早。 郭佛先生
MR。CRAWFORD: Good morning; Ms。。。 Lindstrom。 You’re here early。 Excellent。 …早安; 林斯顿
小姐; 你来早了; 很好。
AA: I don’t know when I’m going find the time to study。 I can study during my lunch hour; I guess。
我不知道什么时候才能抽空念书。 大概可以在吃午餐的时候念书吧! 我想
AA: Here they come。 8:55 exactly。 他们来了; 八点五十五分正。
HENRY: Good morning; Claire。 My name is Henry。 We met yesterday。 I edit the newsletter。 克

着迷英语900 句
蕾尔早; 我叫亨利; 我们昨天见过面的。 期刊是我编辑的。
CLAIRE: Yes; of course I remember。 Good morning; Henry。 对; 我当然记得; 亨利您早。
: Dear Miguel; 亲爱的米盖尔:
: Who is this girl; Marta; in the photograph? 照片上面那个女孩子玛它是谁?
: she is very pretty。 她真漂亮。
: Oh; my poor Miguel! 噢; 我可怜的米盖尔!
: I know you are lonely; but you are so young! 我知道你很寂寞; 但是; 你还很年轻!
: Don’t ruin your life。 不要浪费你的生命。
: You have to continue your studies or you’ll never find a good job。 你一定要继续读书; 否则的话
永远找不到好的工作。
: I’m glad you are having a good time; but we worry about you。 我很高兴你玩得很开心; 不过; 我
们替你担心;
: We don’t even know who she is。 连她是谁; 我们都不知道。
: Is she a nice girl? 她是一个好女孩子吗?
: Is she from a good family? 她有个好家世吗?
: Can you tell me what her father does? 你能不能告诉我她爸爸做什么事?
: You won’t do anything foolish; will you; Miguel? 米盖尔; 你可不能作傻事;
: You don’t know how important you are to us。 你不知道你对我们来说是多么的重要。
: Do you remember the Monteros? 你还记不记得蒙特若夫妇?
: They moved to New York about seven years ago。 他们大概七年前搬到纽约去了;
: They have a daughter; a very pretty girl。 他们有一个很漂亮的女儿;
: She’s just about your age。 跟你差不多一样年纪。
: They won’t recognize you; of course; but they’ll remember us; and they’ll be very happy to see you。
当然; 他们会认不出你是谁; 但是还会记得我们。 他们看到你; 一定会很高兴。
: The girl’s name is Maria。 他们的女儿叫玛丽亚;
: I’m sure you’ll find the number in the telephone book。 我想你在电话簿里一定可以查到电话号码;
: His first name is Fernando。 他的名字叫费南多。
: Forgive me; Miguel。 请原谅我; 米盖尔;
: I know you are a man now; 我知道你已经不再是小孩子了;
: but you are also my son。 可是; 你仍然是我的儿子。
: I worry about you; and I suppose I always will。 我替你担心; 我想; 大概永远会替你担心。
: Love; Mama 妈
: PS Write soon。 再启: 快一点来信。
: It was a warm day; warm for April。是一个温暖如四月的天气。
: People were walking around the Fair with their coats over their arms。 在万国博览会有人一边把大
衣挂在胳膊上; 一边散步。
: The sun was bright; and there were little white clouds in the blue sky。 太阳很大; 蓝色的天空里有
小小的白云;
: The trees wore a light green smile。 树木露出浅绿色的笑容。
: At noon the Saturday crowd was very large。 在星期六的中午一大堆人群;
: Adults were laughing; children were crying; and everyone was having a good time。 大人们在笑;

着迷英语900 句
小孩子们在叫; 大家都玩的很开心。
: A thousand vendors were selling ice cream; hot dogs; and cold drinks。 无数的摊贩在卖冰淇淋、热
狗和冷饮。
: It was a beautiful; spring morning 这是一个美丽的春天的上午;
: the kind you want to last forever。 一种使人们希望它会持续到永远的天气。
: Later in the afternoon; the sun was not so bright; 下午之后; 太阳没那么炎热了;
: the sky was not so blue。天空也不那么蔚蓝。
: The little white clouds were now large and gray。 小小的白云变成了大大的黑云。
: There was a drop here; a drop there。。。 这里掉了一滴雨水; 那里掉了一滴。。。
: then ten thousand noisy drops。 然后哗啦哗啦的下了倾盆大雨。
: People shouted and ran in every direction。 人们一边喊叫一边向四面八方跑;
: Then there was silence; the sun; the blue sky; and a rainbow。 然后一切平静下来; 天空中又出现
了太阳、蓝天; 还有一道彩虹。
: I admire Claire。 我真羡慕克蕾尔。
: She works all day and goes to school at night。 她白天上一天的班; 晚上还要去读书。
: She knows where she’s going and what she wants; and she’s willing to work for it。 她掌握了人生
的方向和目标; 而且肯为达到目标而努力。
: Am I? 我能吗?
: In my first job; I was secretary。 我第一份工作是当秘书;
: When I married my husband; I quit。 结婚以后我就辞职了。
: After I left him; I went back to the same office。 离开丈夫以后就回到同一个公司;
: I never thought about other possibilities。 我始终没有考虑走别的路。
: When I came here; I got a job right away。 当我来到这里以后; 马上有了工作。
: I was happy with anything。 那个时候我一点也不挑剔; 对任何事情都感到很快乐。
: Now I’d like a change。 而现在我却想换一个环境。
: First things first。 首先最重要的是;
: What skills do I have? 我有些什么技能?
: OK。 I can do anything。 是的; 我什么都能作。
: Anything? 什么都能做吗?
: Yes; anything。 是; 我什么事都能做。
: Come on now; Laura。 Be realistic。 罗拉; 你不要这样子了; 面对现实点吧!
: All right; almost anything。 好吧; 差不多什么都能做。
: I can speak; read; and write English and Spanish。 我能说、读、写英文和西班牙文;
: I can run an office。 我能负责办公室的一切事务。
: I’m friendly and competent。 我又合群又能干;
: Uh。。。 there must be more。 嗯。。。 一定还有;
: Oh; yes; I type and take shorthand in two languages。 对了; 我有两种语言的打字和速记技能。
: Well; then; if you can do all that; 那么; 你既然有这些技能;
: you don’t have to work for the Mr。 Crawfords of the world! 就不必要替郭佛先生这种人工作!
: But; what will I do; then? 那么我将要怎么做呢?
: Well; what kind of job would you like? 你想要怎么样的工作?

着迷英语900 句
: Do you want to work in an office again? 你愿不愿意再到办公室去工作? 
: There’s so much to think about。 要考虑的事情可真多! 
第四集
MICHAEL: Good…bye; Miguel。 Nice meeting you。 Good…bye; Marta。 Thanks for coming。 米盖尔再
见; 很高兴认识你。 玛它再见; 谢谢你的光临。
MARTA: Bye。 Don’t forget our English lesson on Wednesday。 再见; 星期叁补习英文; 你可不要
忘了!
MICHAEL: I won’t。 I’ll be there。 And why don’t you come; too; Miguel? 放心好了; 我会来的; 米
盖尔你也来; 好不好?
MIGUEL: Thank you。 I will。 And thank you for inviting me to the party。 It was a lot of fun。 谢谢;
我会来的; 谢谢你邀请我参加宴会。 我玩得很开心。
MARTA: Thank you again; Michael。 I’ll see you next Wednesday。 Joana; it was a pleasure meeting
you。 麦可; 谢谢你; 下星期叁见。 琼娜; 很高兴认识你。
JOANA: Thank you。 It was a pleasure meeting you and Miguel。 谢谢; 很高兴认识你和米盖尔。
ALL: Good night。 晚安!
MICHAEL: Well。好了;
MICHAEL: Let’s sit down for a few minutes。 我们坐一会吧。
MICHAEL: I can clean up later。 我等一会再清理。
JOANA: No; let me help you。 不; 让我来帮你忙。
MICHAEL: No; that’s all right。 I can do it by myself in the morning。 不必; 没关系; 明天早上我可
以自己清理。
JOANA: It was a very nice party。 It’s too bad Paulo had to work late。 宴会很成功; 可惜保罗必须
加班。
MICHAEL: Yes; it is; but I’m glad you had a good time。嗯; 很可惜! 不过; 我很高兴你玩得很开心。
JOANA: I liked your friends。 我喜欢你的朋友。
MICHAEL: They liked you; too。 I could tell。 As a matter of fact; you made everybody feel
comfortable。 他们也喜欢你。
我看得出来; 事实上; 你使大家都感到很自在。
JOANA: That’s easy。 You’re a great host。 那很容易; 你是个出色的主人。
MICHAEL: Well; you’re a pretty good hostess。 那么; 你是个很棒的女主人了;
MICHAEL: I was tired of giving parties by myself。 我自己办宴会都办累了。
JOANA: You know; when I was a teenager; 知道吗? 我在少女时代
JOANA: I used to go to parties all the time。 经常参加聚会。
JOANA: I enjoyed myself every minuteparties; dances; boys。 我一天到晚玩得非常开心; 参加聚
会; 去跳舞; 交男朋友。
MICHAEL: It sounds like fun。 听来蛮有趣的。
JOANA: It was。 I used to live from dance to dance。 真的很好玩; 一个舞会结束了; 我就开始期待
着下一个;
JOANA: On the weekends; 到了周末;
JOANA: Paulo and I never used to be hom
小提示:按 回车 [Enter] 键 返回书目,按 ← 键 返回上一页, 按 → 键 进入下一页。 赞一下 添加书签加入书架