《著迷英语900句》

下载本书

添加书签

著迷英语900句- 第17节


按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
MRS。FARIAS: I’m worrying about myself。 我担心的是我自己;
MRS。FARIAS: The house will seem so empty without you and Paulo。 And what if you decide to stay
here? 没有你和保罗在; 这房子会显得很空洞。 还有; 万一你决定在这里定居怎么办?
JOANA: Oh; Mama! 噢! 妈。
JOANA: Anyway; you were about to mention the gifts you had to buy。 不管怎么样; 你刚才提到你
要买些礼物。
MRS。FARIAS: Yes。 What do you think I ought to get for your father? 是啊; 你认为我该买什么给
你爸爸?
JOANA: He has just about everything; doesn’t he? 他几乎什么都有; 对不对?
MRS。FARIAS: That’s the trouble。 麻烦就在这里。
PAULO: Hi; Mama。 Hi; Joana。 嗨; 妈; 嗨; 琼娜。
MRS。FARIAS: I’m glad you’re home early。 Do you know how to fix the lock on that suitcase? It’s
stuck。 很高兴你回来得早; 那个皮箱的锁你知不知道怎么修理? 它卡住了。
PAULO: It probably needs a little oil。 大概需要上一点油。
MRS。FARIAS: Paulo; I don’t know what to get for your father。 Do you have any suggestions? 保罗;
我不知道应该买什么东西给你爸爸; 有没有任何建议?
PAULO: Why don’t you get him a pocket calculator? 为什么不给他买一个袖珍型计算机。
MRS。FARIAS: That’s a wonderful idea! 这个主意出得很好!

着迷英语900 句
MRS。FARIAS: I hope he doesn’t already have one。 但愿他还没有。
PAULO: I doubt it。 There; the lock’s okay now。 我想大概没有。 好了; 锁修好了。
MRS。FARIAS: Good。 Thank you; dear。 Where should I look for a calculator? 很好。 谢谢你; 亲爱
的。 电子计算机应该到哪里去选购?
PAULO: I know a place where I can get one on sale。 I’ll pick one up for you tomorrow。 我知道有个
地方可以买到减价的。我明天帮你买一个。
MRS。FARIAS: Thank you; dear。 You know; when I get home; 谢谢; 亲爱的; 说真的; 回家以后;
MRS。FARIAS: I’m going to wish I were back here。 我会希望我仍在这里;
MRS。FARIAS: I wish there were some way for all of us to be in the same city; or at least; the same
country。 如果有个办法使我们都能住在同一个城市; 或者至少同一个国家; 那该多好。
MICHAEL: Hi; Pedro。 How are you doing? 嗨; 佩德罗。 最近怎么样?
PEDRO: Fine。 I just wanted to stop by and say hello。 很好; 没事。。。 只是想过来打个招呼。
MICHAEL: Come on in。 How about some coffee? 进来。 要不要喝点咖啡?
PEDRO: Sounds good。 似乎很棒。
MICHAEL: What’s new? You look tired。 最近在作什么? 你看起来好像很疲倦的样子。
PEDRO: I’m trying to find a present for Miguel。 He’s leaving at the end of next week。 我要找个礼
物送给米盖尔; 他下个周末就要走。
MICHAEL: That’s too bad。 真可惜。
PEDRO: He thinks so; too。 他也这样觉得。
MICHAEL: What about Marta? 玛它怎么样了?
PEDRO: Who knows? I don’t ask any questions。 谁知道? 我不过问任何事。
PEDRO: They act like teenagers in love。 他们像恋爱中的少年少女一样;
PEDRO: They cling to each other as if there were no tomorrow。 他们如胶似漆的像是没有明天了。
MICHAEL: You’re cynical today。 你今天有点不对劲。
PEDRO: Realistic。 说真的;
PEDRO: In a week; she won’t remember his name。 一个星期内; 她不会再记得他叫什么名字。
MICHAEL: Come on; Pedro。 佩德罗; 拜托。
PEDRO: I’ll make you a bet。 How much? Five dollars? 我和你打赌。 多少? 五元?
MICHAEL: OK。 A five…dollar bet。 Shake。 好; 赌五块钱; 握手为定。
MICHAEL: You take your coffee black; right? 你喝纯咖啡; 对不对?
PEDRO: Right; thanks。 是的; 谢谢。
MICHAEL: I have a favor to ask。 我想请你帮我一个忙。
PEDRO: What is it? 什么忙?
MICHAEL: I’m entering an art competition; and I’d like to use your name。 我要参加一项艺术比赛;
我想用你的名字。
PEDRO: What do you mean? 我不懂你什么意思。
MICHAEL: I don’t want my father to know I’m entering the competition。 我不希望我爸爸知道我
参加比赛。
PEDRO: OK。; if you want it that way。 You finish the painting; and I’ll be happy to sign my name。 I
love to see an artist working。 好的; 如果你想这么做; 你的画完成之后; 我将会很乐意签上我的
名字; 我最喜欢看艺术家绘画。
“MICHAEL: Here’s the brochure。 They call the contest ““Young Artists’ Competition。”““ 这是简章;

着迷英语900 句
这个比赛叫做「年轻艺术家的比赛」。
PEDRO: Money; Brazil; and Joana! Did they design this contest especially for you? Good luck。 Are
you submitting something new? 金钱、巴西、还有琼娜! 这个比赛是不是专为你策划的? 祝你成
功; 你是不是要用新的作品参加?
MICHAEL: Yes。 是的。
PEDRO: May I see it? 可不可以看看?
MICHAEL: There’s nothing to see。 没什么可看的;
MICHAEL: I’ve finished painting my canvas white; 我已经把画布涂上白色;
MICHAEL: and now I’m stuck。 Maybe I need a break。 Have you had dinner yet? 但现在不知如何
下笔了; 或许我需要休息一下; 你吃过晚餐没有?
PEDRO: NO。 没有。
MICHAEL: I haven’t; either。 我也没有;
MICHAEL: Do you want to go downtown? 要不要到闹区去?
PEDRO: I’m broke。 我没钱了。
MICHAEL: OK。 I’ll call that place around the corner and have them deliver a pizza。 How’s that? 好;
那我打个电话叫拐角的那家店送一个意大利馅饼来; 怎么样?
PEDRO: Fine。 很好。
JOANA: How’s the painting coming? 你的画有没有进展?
MICHAEL: I don’t know。 Last night I was up till 3:30 or 4:00; and even though I’m exhausted; I
can’t sleep。 I haven’t been sleeping well for a we ek。 我不晓得; 我昨天晚上叁点半或四点钟还醒
着。 我虽然已筋疲力竭; 可是仍然睡不着觉。 我已经一个星期没睡好觉了。
JOANA: That’s probably because you’re too tense。 大概是因为你太紧张。
MICHAEL: I don’t know what’s wrong。 我不知道是怎么回事。
JOANA: Great paintings aren’t created overnight。 Try to relax。 伟大的作品不是一夜之间所能创作出
来的; 儘量轻鬆一点。
MICHAEL: That’s easier said than done。 说的比做的容易。
JOANA: I’m sorry。 对不起。
MICHAEL: No; don’t apologize。 不; 不要道歉。
JOANA: What’s the subject of the painting? 这画的主题是什么?
MICHAEL: That’s the problem。 I want to do a portrait。 问题就在这里; 我想画一幅肖像。
JOANA: Of whom? 谁的肖像。
MICHAEL: A woman。 A modern woman。 But that’s all I know。 I’ve been drawing all week; but I
don’t like anything I’ve done。 一个女人; 一个现代女性; 但是我只知道这么一点而已。 我这个星
期一直在画图; 但是画出来的东西没有一个令我满意。
JOANA: What’s the problem? Do you know? 问题在哪里? 你知不知道?
MICHAEL: Me。 I’m the problem。 I think I’m going stale。 I’ve been painting for ten years。 在我; 问
题就是我。 我想我要老朽了(失去了创造力)。 我画画已经十年了;
MICHAEL: I should be able to do better than this。 应该有能力可以画得比这样子更好。
JOANA: I’m sure you will。 Even if you spend a few sleepless nights; it’s worth it。 我敢肯定; 你会
成功的; 即使你花几个晚上不睡觉; 也是值得的。
MICHAEL: What do you think I should do? 你认为我应该怎么做?
JOANA: Take a break for a few hours。 休息几个钟头。

着迷英语900 句
MICHAEL: No。 I mean; do you think I should give up and go into business with my father? 不; 我
的意思是说; 你认不认为我应该放弃画画而去跟爸爸作生意?
JOANA: What I think doesn’t matter。 You’ve got to be happy with what you do。 Besides; that
decision was made years ago; wasn’t it? 我怎么想都无关紧要; 你要作自己喜欢的工作; 而且; 你
好几年前就作决定了; 对不对?
MICHAEL: It was。 But things change。 是的; 但是情形会改变;
MICHAEL: Which is better for us now? 现在对我们来说; 哪条路最好?
JOANA: Michael; what do you want me to say? It’s got to be your decision。 麦可; 你叫我怎么说?
这必须由你决定。
MICHAEL: I’m not asking you to decide for me。 我不是叫你替我决定;
MICHAEL: I just want to know what you think。 我只是想知道你的想法如何。
MICHAEL: You must have your likes and dislikes。 你一定有自己的喜恶。
JOANA: Maybe I don’t。 Maybe I don’t know what to think。 也许我没有; 也许我不知道应该怎么
认为。
MICHAEL: I’m sorry。 I didn’t mean to upset you。 对不起; 我不是有意烦你。
JOANA: All I mean; Michael; 我的意思麦克
JOANA: is that I agree with what you’re doing。 只是说我同意你现在的作法;
JOANA: If you can be a successful artist; fine; if you can’t; go into business with your father。 But at
least give yourself the chance to find out。 你如果能够成为一位成功的艺术家; 那最好; 要是你不
能的话就到你爸爸的公司里作事; 但是最起码你要给你自己找些机会。
MICHAEL: There’s something else; of course; Joana。 If I go into Dad’s business; I have to stay here。
You know that。 还有一点; 当然; 琼娜; 我如果到爸爸的公司作事的话; 就必须留在这里; 这一
点你是知道的。
HENRY LEEDS: THE WORLD’S FAIR NEWSLETTER 万国博览会通讯报
HENRY LEEDS: Volume 1 No。10 一卷十期
HENRY LEEDS: Published by THE WORLD’S FAIR CORPORATION and THE GW
CRAWFORD AGENCY 发行人: 万国博览会股份有限公司及郭氏广告公司
HENRY LEEDS: SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE by Henry Le
小提示:按 回车 [Enter] 键 返回书目,按 ← 键 返回上一页, 按 → 键 进入下一页。 赞一下 添加书签加入书架